ESF Ethos Statement
At Emmanuel Schools Foundation we provide an education of character underpinned by our Christian ethos.
As a ‘character-first’ foundation we strive to cultivate good character as an end in itself; this raises expectations and supports high levels of performance. Our work is characterised by the pursuit of excellence as we seek to make the most of the gifts and talents we have been given.
We believe in human beings’ outstanding potential, creativity and capacity for good as each one is made ‘in the image of God’. We also acknowledge we all need instruction, motivation and practice if we are to nurture the virtues underpinning good character.
We gain hope for the future as we show gratitude for what we have now. We practise the virtue of love as we act unselfishly for the good of others and are able to forgive. We exercise wisdom as we choose the right course of action and display integrity as we are truthful with ourselves and others. We gain fortitude and courage as we rise to challenges, learning to overcome adversity and to develop resilience. We develop self-control as we regulate our emotions and impulses and show humility as we are teachable and keen to learn from our mistakes. We act with justice as we treat others with respect and fairness.
Our inspiration for these virtues, and our schools’ core values of honourable purpose, humility, compassion, integrity, accountability, courage and determination, is the life and ministry of Christ Jesus.
Aims of Christ’s College:
- To imbue in young people the sense of a moral compass and to develop character and spiritual awareness
- To inspire young people to be ambitious and attain the highest possible academic success regardless of their ability
- To train young adults able to contribute to the good of society and become responsible family leaders
- To develop young people passionate about enterprise and excellence in the work place
- To work in partnership with parents and respect their leading role in the upbringing of their children
- To seek at all times to support and encourage parents through access to information and advice
- To provide a positive and challenging environment through which to develop fulfilling professional careers
- To support all staff through the provision of outstanding training, resources, and caring advice
- To engage with and serve the needs of the local community
- To seek the social, spiritual and economic advancement of the local community